Are you ready to take on the responsibility of babysitting?
Do you feel ready to stay home alone, watch your brothers and sisters while your parents are gone or babysit for young children? Then maybe it’s time for Safe Sitter®. Safe Sitter® is for teens who are ready to learn the skills they need to care for themselves and young children. Through role-playing and hands-on activities, you will learn personal safety, first aid and rescue and child care essentials. The class will also teach life and business skills, such as phone etiquette and interview techniques.
- Teens in grades 6 –12 may take the class.
- Participants will receive a manual and earn a certificate of completion.
- Learn choking infant/child rescue and infant/Child CPR.
For upcoming Olathe Public Library Safe Sitter® class dates, visit our events calendar.
Important Details to Know
- Registration is required.
- Registration will open at 10:00 a.m. one week before the class date. Register online or call (913) 971-6888.
- Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants need to bring a sack lunch, snacks and drink. Lunch not provided.
- There are two forms to be downloaded, filled out and brought to class by the student
There is no charge for Olathe residents or students who attend Olathe Public Schools; there is a $20 materials charge for participants who live outside of Olathe and do not attend Olathe schools.
Questions about the babysitting classes? Contact Angela Parks, Teen Librarian at (913) 971-6881 or by email at email@example.com.
Visit Safe Sitter® online to learn more about the Safe Sitter® story and how trained Safe Sitters are making a difference.
The Olathe Public Library Teen Services would like to thank the Junior Service League of Olathe as well as the Olathe Friends of the Library for their generous financial support of the Safe Sitter® program.