Please note: The Compton Board Room will be unavailable until April 19, 2018 due to tax preparation.
The Olathe Downtown Library provides meeting space, free of charge, for non-profit organizations. Groups wishing to reserve the room must submit an application for approval. Submitting an application does not guarantee a reservation. To check meeting room availability call (913) 971-6877.
Olathe Downtown - Compton Board Room (maximum occupancy 12).
- The Compton Board Room may be used free of charge for city or community-related committee meetings. Groups are to be non-profit and limited to 12 or fewer participants. Room use is limited to regular library operating hours and light snacks are permitted, as approved by the library director. Reservations must be made through the library administrative assistant. Costs associated with damage incurred during use of the room is the responsibility of the group using the facility.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the library does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the library of that group's policies or beliefs. The Olathe Public Library reserves the right to deny use of the Compton Board Room to any group which violates the above-listed guidelines. Library use of the Compton Board Room always takes priority.
- The room is not to be used by patrons for private study.
- Smoking is not allowed in this room or in any other area of the library.
- The room is not available for money raising or sale of items. The only exception will be activities sponsored by the Friends of the Library, the Olathe Public Library Foundation, or the Olathe Public Library.
- No group or organization other than the Friends of the Library and/or the Olathe Public Library Foundation may use the library's address or phone number as its official mailing address or headquarters.