The studio is a free community resource for all your audio and visual needs. Record a podcast, create a video or record a song. The Studio has the equipment and software needed.
Using the Studio
- You will need to provide a sound engineer for your session. Library staff will be available to help you set up, but you are responsible for running your own session.
- Please be sure to bring a flash drive or external storage device large enough to save your data because all data is deleted from the computer following each session.
- All instruments and equipment must be returned to its original location in the Studio.
- Food is not permitted in the Studio. Drinks must be in closed containers.
- Customers using the Studio must check in at the Information Desk and present photo ID.
- Customers reserving The Studio must provide a current, verified library card in good standing and be at least sixteen (16) years old. The customer reserving The Studio is responsible for the condition and conduct in the room. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Customers must reserve The Studio on the library website or with library staff in person. A customer may make a reservation up to one (1) month in advance and is limited to two (2) reservations per month.
- The customer who reserves The Studio must stay in The Studio throughout the session. If The Studio is left unattended for more than ten (10) minutes the library may cancel the reservation and The Studio will be assigned to other customers.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the reservation time.
Equipment Available in the Studio
For sound recording:
- Presonus mixing board
- Presonus Studio One Professional software available
- Shure: SM58 (4), SM57 (4), Beta 52
- Aston Microphones Origin
- Rode M5 (2)
- Behringer HPS3000
- 4-Channel headphone amplifier - AKG HP4E
- Fender Precision Bass
- Breedlove Acoustic Guitar
- PRS SE Electric Guitar
- Kala Electric Acoustic Ukulele
- Fender Rumble 40 bass amp
- Boss Katana 50 guitar amp
- Yamaha DGX-660
- Drum machine
- Alexis SR-16
- Drum kit
- Gretsch drum kit
- JBL 3 Series mk2
- Portable studio recorder
- Izotope Spire 2-channel interface
For video recording:
- Green screen
- Canon EOS REbel t7i