The Friends of the Library work to gain community support for library activities through volunteer activities, programs and book sales.
Support Your Library ! Join the Friends!
$20 Family, $10 Adult, $7 Student/Senior Citizen (60+)
OPL Friends Membership Benefits
- Receive $1 off of your total purchase at each book sale
- First pick at Friends Preview Book Sales
Join anytime by:
- Asking at the Information Desk at either library (payment with cash or check).
- Mailing completed membership form along with your payment to the library.
- Purchasing a membership, on the spot, at any of the Friends of the Library Book Sales.
7th Annual Novel Tea
The 7th Annual Novel Tea, "Little Travelers on the Orphan Train" will take place on April 14. Tickets go on sale March 10. Read more.
Have a business or organization you would like to showcase? Sponsorships are still available for businesses and non-profits. Decorate a table for $10 and show-off all your group has to offer! Sponsorship information and forms
Friends Book Sales
The Friends of the Library welcome book sale donations throughout the year. There are drop-off receptacles inside both libraries. If you would like to receive a letter confirming your donations for tax purposes, pick up a form at the Information Desk.
For all the details about donating materials to the library, see our Book Donation page.
Friends Officers 2017 - 2018
- President: Colette McGee
- Vice-President: Sharon Markey
- Secretary: Robin Sundahl
- Treasurer: Barb Hill
- Membership Chairperson: Carlotta Belcher
- Book Sale Chair: Linda Schoonover
- Members at Large:
- Donna McCarthy
- Pat Pieper
- Carolyn Romondo