The Friends of the Library work to gain community support for library activities through volunteer activities, programs and book sales.
Support Your Library ! Join the Friends!
$20 Family, $10 Adult, $7 Student/Senior Citizen (60+)
OPL Friends Membership Benefits
- Receive $1 off of your total purchase at each book sale
- Exclusive Friends tote bag for new members (new for 2019 memberships)
Join anytime by:
- Asking at the Information Desk at either library (payment with cash or check).
- Mailing completed membership form along with your payment to the library.
- Purchasing a membership, on the spot, at any of the Friends of the Library Book Sales.
Membership is good for one year.
Friends Book Sales
The Friends of the Library welcome book sale donations throughout the year. There are drop-off receptacles inside both libraries. If you would like to receive a letter confirming your donations for tax purposes, pick up a form at the Information Desk.
For all the details about donating materials to the library, see our Book Donation page.
Be a Friends of the Library Volunteer
The Friends of the Library would love to have your help. The Friends need volunteers to help sort donated materials, prepare materials for book sales and provide customer help during the sales. Volunteers are also needed to staff the new Indian Creek Friends of the Library Bookstore.
Friends Novel Tea
The Friends of the Olathe Public Library Novel Tea is held annually in April. Thanks to the generous donations received at this year's Novel Tea event held on April 13, the Friends were able to award three $500 scholarships to library volunteers graduating from high school in 2019.
Friends Curtis Gilmore Scholarship
The Curtis Gilmore Memorial Scholarship, given by the Friends of the Olathe Public Library, honors graduating seniors who have completed 100 hours or more of volunteer work at the library. Learn more.
Friends Officers 2019
- President: Colette McGee
- Vice President: Carolyn Romondo
- Secretary: Judy Thompson
- Treasurer: Barb Hill
- Membership Chairperson: Carlotta Belcher
- Book Sale Chair: Pat Pieper
- Members at Large:
- Donna McCarthy
- Kelli Polk
- Janis Raspberry