The library welcomes book donations from the public and makes use of them in different ways. Some books are added to the collection for checkout, but most become candidates for the Friends of the Library Book Sales, which are held regularly throughout the year.
Donations may be placed in drop-off receptacles inside both libraries. Please bring large donations in sturdy boxes to Olathe Downtown. Staff may be able to meet the donor at the library loading area for easier drop-off. Please call 913-971-6850 to make arrangements.
To receive a letter confirming donations for tax purposes, please pick up a form at the Information Desk. All donations become the property of the Friends of the Library.
While the library would like to accept everything, there are limitations due to age and condition. See the guidelines below.
Materials we accept:
- Books for all ages, DVDs, Books on CD, Music CDs, Video Games
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Club Romance Paperbacks (less than five-years-old only)
Materials we don't accept:
- Materials that are moldy, musty or have water damage
- VHS/cassette tapes
- Computer books/manuals
- Materials that are missing covers or have markings on the pages