Library Card Sign-Up Month
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month! Join the characters from Toy Story 4 and libraries nationwide in celebrating the joy of having a library card.
What can you do with a library card? Well, the obvious answer is, check out books! But that is just the tip of the iceberg. Here are a few of the many other things you can do with an Olathe Public Library card.
- Use a computer at the library
- Download e-books and audiobooks with Axis 360
- Check out a ukulele
- Read the Kansas City Star online
- Check out books and movies in Spanish
- Check out a shovel or other gardening tools
- Stream jazz or classical music with Naxos
- Take ACT and SAT practice tests with Learning Express
- Access electronic resources related to auto repair
- Research your family tree with Ancestry.com (library use only)
- Set up a free account with Rosetta Stone and study a foreign language
- Get homework help from a live online tutor with Brainfuse
- Check out video games for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- Request interlibrary loan items from libraries across the state, the nation, even the world
- Check out a Discovery Pass for free admission to the Museum at Prairiefire or the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art
As you can see, a library card truly is your ticket to adventure! It’s a valuable asset that everyone should have and use. And the greatest thing is, anyone can get a library card . . . and it’s FREE!